You’ve worked hard to build a successful business, but now you’re finding you have to be an expert in employment law and people management, too.
Where can you turn?
As soon as you hire your first employee, everything changes. Now you’re an employer. Now, instead of simply running your business, you’re wondering how you can protect your business, your reputation, and your employees so you can attract and retain the best talent:
- “How do I deal effectively with employees?”
- “How do I stay legal with my hiring and firing practices?”
- “When do I need to provide an employee handbook?”
- “When do I need to offer health benefits, vacation time, sick pay?”
- “How do I find the right people, and then how do I keep them?”
- “Are job descriptions important?”
- “Am I following current EEOC regulations and fair wage and compensation standards?”
- “How do I stay on top of all the changes in employment laws every year?”
KMA Makes Human Resources Simple for You
KMA Human Resources Consulting LLC is a Falmouth, Maine-based human resources and organizational development firm founded in 2007. KMA’s team of seasoned and knowledgeable HR experts works with growing companies in a variety of industries in Maine and New England who do not have the time or in-house expertise to handle vital HR functions for themselves, such as compliance with state and federal laws, employee relation issues, and hiring and retaining talent.
Our job is to understand the HR process for you and work as your HR partner to keep on top of changing labor laws and practices, make recommendations, tailor services to meet your needs, and reduce risk.